Social Events & Guided Walks
Butterfly Conservation Somerset & Bristol Branch AGM 2017
Notice of Meeting and Agenda
The 2017 AGM will be held at Ruishton Village Hall on Saturday 11th November at 2 pm.
(It will follow the Somerset Moth Group AGM which will be held at 10.30 am).
1. Apologies for absence.
2. Minutes of the AGM held on 11th December 2016 (The Minutes were presented in The Arion issue 105)
3. Matters arising
4. Chairman’s report
5. Treasurer’s report (The Accounts for the year ended 31st March 2017 are in this issue of The Arion)
6. Adoption of accounts
7. Election of Branch Committee.
- Keith Gould has resigned.
- John Andrews, David Auld, Sue Davies and Paula Hewitson retire by rotation. All are eligible and seek re-election.
- John Ball and Peter Bright are nominated by the Branch Committee for election.
Nominations for election to the Committee are invited. They must be submitted in writing to the Chair to be received by 4th November 2017
7. Any other business
8. Date of next meeting.
All the Moor Butterflies update by Megan Lowe
The County Butterfly Recorder’s report by David Ayling
Refreshments will be available from c. 3 to 3.30 pm.
We then have two presentations:-
“Looking for Larvae” by John Bebbington FRPS, Moth Recorder for Somerset.
“Munching Caterpillar comes to Bristol” by the Project Officer Matt Brierley
Photographic Competition results
The meeting will conclude at 5 pm, after the raffle has been drawn.