Photo competition - March 2021
"Your favourite photograph taken in Somerset or Bristol in 2020"
As the photo competion is always popular at our members' days, we have also moved this online.
All entries will need to be submitted by email and will then be uploaded (by our website administrator) to the branch website.
We will then ask members to vote for their favourite photo (Viewing & Voting will open on 1st March)
The 4 photos with the most votes will be presented at the social meeting on Saturday 13th March and those attending the meeting will be asked to vote for the overall winner.
The overall winner will receive a copy of 'Field Guide to Caterpillars of Great Britain & Ireland'
How to submit an entry.
- Entry will be restricted to one photo per BC member.
- Please submit your entry by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please attach one photo to your email.
- For those of you that wish to resize your photos, the maximum display resolution for images being displayed on the website will be 960px wide x 720px high
- Please include the following in your email:
- the species
- your name
- your email address
- confirmation that you are a member of Butterfly Conservation
- confirmation that the photo was taken in Somerset or Bristol in 2020
Viewing & Voting
Entries will be uploaded by our website administrator to this website (they will be displayed anoymously). The viewing and voting period will open on 1st March 2021 (a link will be provided on this page & social media)
Terms & Conditions
By submitting a digital photo, you agree to the image being added to the Photo competition page on the branch website.
The winner & finalists photographs will be published in The Arion (branch magazine)
The winner & finalists photographs may be used on the branch Social Media sites. Please let us know if you do not want them shared on social media.
After the competition has finished, all emails & photos received will be deleted (unless we have specifically contacted you to discuss further use of the submitted photo)